As part of our operations, 100jobs collects and processes certain types of information (such as names, telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) of individuals that make them easily identifiable. These individuals include current, past, and prospective employees, merchants, suppliers/vendors, customers of merchants, and other individuals whom 100jobs communicates or deals with, jointly and/or severally (“Data Subjects”).
Maintaining the Data Subject’s trust and confidence requires that Data Subjects do not suffer negative consequences/effects as a result of providing 100jobs with their Personal Data. To this end, 100jobs is firmly committed to complying with applicable data protection laws, regulations, rules, and principles to ensure the security of Personal Data handled by the Company. This Data Privacy & Protection Policy (“Policy”) describes the minimum standards that must be strictly adhered to regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data and indicates that 100jobs is dedicated to processing the Personal Data it receives or processes with absolute confidentiality and security.
This Policy applies to all forms of systems, operations, and processes within the 100jobs environment that involve the collection, storage, use, transmission, and disposal of Personal Data.
Failure to comply with the data protection rules and guiding principles set out in the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation, 2019 (NDPR) as well as those set out in this Policy is a material violation of 100job’s policies and may result in disciplinary action as required, including suspension or termination of employment or business relationship.
General Principles for Processing of Personal Data
100jobs is committed to maintaining the principles in the NDPR regarding the processing of Personal Data.
To demonstrate this commitment as well as our aim of creating a positive privacy culture within 100jobs, 100jobs adheres to the following basic principles relating to the processing of Personal Data:
Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency
Personal Data must be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner at all times. This implies that Personal Data collected and processed by or on behalf of 100jobs must be in accordance with the specific, legitimate, and lawful purpose consented to by the Data Subject, save where the processing is otherwise allowed by law or within other legal grounds recognized in the NDPR.
Personal Data must be accurate and kept up to date. In this regard, 100jobs:
- shall ensure that any data it collects and/or processes is accurate and not misleading in a way that could be harmful to the Data Subject;
- make efforts to keep Personal Data updated were reasonable and applicable; and
- make timely efforts to correct or erase Personal Data when inaccuracies are discovered.
100jobs collects Personal Data only for the purposes identified in the appropriate 100jobs Privacy Notice provided to the Data Subject and for which consent has been obtained. Such Personal Data cannot be reused for another purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose, except a new Consent is obtained.
The purposes for which 100jobs will use your personal data include:
- For the provision of services to you. For example, when you purchase any of our products or services, we will use your personal data to process your order.
- For customer care and billing. When you use our products or services, we will use your personal information to bill you and to respond to inquiries and concerns that you may have about our products and services.
- Customer service messages. We will use your personal data to keep you updated with the latest information or changes about our products and services.
- For marketing purposes. In order to serve you better, we will use your personal data to market our products and services to you.
- Fraud prevention and security. We will process your personal and traffic data in order to protect you against and detect fraud, to protect and detect misuse or damage to our platform.
- Managing our platform and understanding platform usage. We do this to manage the volume of jobs and to understand how you use our platform, products, and services.
- 100jobs limits Personal Data collection and usage to data that is relevant, adequate, and absolutely necessary for carrying out the purpose for which the data is processed.
- 100jobs will evaluate whether and to what extent the processing of personal data is necessary and where the purpose allows, anonymized data must be used.
Integrity and Confidentiality
- 100jobs shall establish adequate controls in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data, both in digital and physical format, and to prevent personal data from being accidentally or deliberately compromised.
- Personal data of Data Subjects must be protected from unauthorized viewing or access and from unauthorized changes to ensure that it is reliable and correct.
- Any personal data processing undertaken by an employee who has not been authorized to carry such out as part of their legitimate duties is unauthorized.
- Employees may have access to Personal Data only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question and are forbidden to use Personal Data for their own private or commercial purposes or to disclose them to unauthorized persons, or make them available in any other way.
- The Human Resources Department must inform employees at the start of the employment relationship about the obligation to maintain personal data privacy. This obligation shall remain in force even after employment has ended.